Thursday, January 3, 2013

Django Unchained MUTHAFUCKAS!!!!!!!!

Happy Fucking New Year!!

Sooo this post has nothing to do with hair, except the fros I saw in this movie were awesome! I am a long time fan of Quentin Tarantino and despite the negative controversy I was determined to see it. Slavery is always a touchy subject and I guess I know why but it is a part of our history. Like it or not. Django ranked number 2 at the box office and made 31 million so far. It's amazing to me that it took a white man to make a successful movie about slavery.

As a woman of color I have through the years taken note of movies about slavery. They never seem to do well always apart by critics. Why?? Because it makes people uncomfortable. Are you squirming yet?? Good fucker, squirm. He, He. This movie did not candy coat anything. It was raw and truly showed some of the horrors of that time. Sometimes I watched in girl vision (between my fingers). White people were the bad guys (mostly) and blacks the heroines! Take that hollywood fucks!  Jamie Fox was awesome.

Whenever people start to talk about slavery I hear the same things.  "ohh it's in the past"  and as one of my bosses once said "let sleeping dogs lie". I am so glad that Tarantino had the balls to take on such a forbidden subject. What I do not understand is why are movies about slavery taboo but movies about the holocaust not? That too is a horrible part of history. Over the years I have watched movie upon movie about the holocaust be hailed as epic. I have been waiting for a movie about slavery to do the same. Jews always support holocaust movies so that it is a reminder that it will never happen again. It's a shame blacks can't do the same.

I'll get off my soap box now. And before you call me anti-semitic my husband is Jewish. Well, half Jewish. Peace out.


No comments:

Post a Comment