Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ode To The Company Christmas Party, Fuck That P.C. Shit!

Okay I know the Holidays are over but we just had our Christmas party last week.  Many companies have their Holiday, Christmas or whatever the fuck you want to call it in January. That is much appreciated since December is usually a busy month for most of us.

I have been working for what 24 years and all of the parties that I have ever attended went as follows:
The boss tells you where the party will be. We can bring our spouses. We pick our meals. Get dressed up and go! The party is the chance for your employer to let you know just how much he/she appreciates all of your hard work from the past year. All of my work live that is how it's been, until now.

I work for a company called Game Corp. It is a Hotel/Gaming facility. A multimillion dollar operation. I have been working there for the past 8years.  Now this corporation is made up of many departments, I work of course in the beauty salon. In a normal salon the owner would organize the Holiday party. But at Game Corp the stylists and nail techs are responsible for our own party. Then we usually pay for everything and the managers come, having contributed absofuckinglutely nothing!  For a long time I didn't go to the parties because I felt it was a slap to my face. We organize our own party and those fuckers get to come and reap the benefits of our hard work??? Are you fucking crazy???!!!  We would also give the salon manager (not a stylist by the way) and the director a Christmas present. Thank God that shit has stopped.  The director had the difficult task of taking the salon and spa managers out to dinner, to thank them for doing such a great job at telling us what to do.  I mean how would we ever do highlights without them??  I never had a job where I felt like such an unappreciated piece of shit before and it's always worse at the Holidays, no thank you no nothing.

This year our party was at one of the girls' house. It was great. Just the technicians. I was so happy that none of the managers showed up we were free to be ourselves instead of that awkward "lets pretend that we are all friends except I can fire you anytime I want".

I hope that our party will be the same next year. No fake ass managers, no bullshit, just us hard working technicians. Same time next year, and Fuck The Fuckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment